What is School Direct?
School Direct is a new school-based Initial Teacher Training route, leading to a PGCE with QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) and Masters level credits.
Our school direct route is delivered in partnership with Edge Hill University, an outstanding secondary ITT provider, and our Partner School Cluster.
Benefits of School Direct
- You will be able to train in schools learning from high quality practitioners.
- Our partnership schools will be much more involved in your selection and recruitment and your professional development.
- You spend more time on school placements.
- All places will lead to qualified teacher status (QTS).
Byrchall are offering 24 places for 2013-14 across the following subject areas:
- Art and Design
- Combined/General sciences
- Computer Science
- Design and Technology
- Drama Subject Full
- English Subject Full
- Other Modern Language
- Physical Education Subject Full
- Religious Education
How to Apply
THE APPLICATION ROUND IS NOW OPEN TO ALL PROSPECTIVE TRAINEE TEACHERS
Applications are made directly through the Teaching Agency. Please visit:
Click 'Apply Now' to search for Byrchall or any other school you are interested in. Applicants must be registered with the TDA to be able to apply, however there will be the option to do this once you click 'apply' on the individual school and subject area.
Queries can be directed to the Teaching Agency on 0800 389 2500 or to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on School Direct visit: www.education.gov.uk/schooldirect
For more information on maintenance and tuition grants visit the student finance pages at: www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk
- All students must pass tests in Literacy and Numeracy prior to being offered a place on the course (preferably prior to interview).
- It is desirable that all applicants have some school experience (eg: observation) prior to applying to the course – Please see the information sheet on the School Experience Programme.
There are no deadline dates for submission of applications, however once subject places have been filled, further applications will not be eligible for consideration therefore applicants are advised to submit as soon as possible.
School Experience Programme
For those looking for in-school experience before starting an ITT programme may be interested in our School Experience Programme. Further details can be downloaded here.