Enterprise and Marketing (Business) - Cambridge National Award
Member of Staff Responsible: Mrs K. McGuire
Assessment Method: 1 exam and 2 Pieces of coursework
• It is the equivalent of one GCSE.
• This course covers some of the elements of GCSE Business but may be more suited for students who are better suited to coursework rather than entire assessment by examination (GCSE)
• This qualification is for learners aged 14-16 who wish to develop applied knowledge and practical skills Business Studies.
It is designed with both practical and theoretical elements, which will prepare students for further qualifications in Business, Marketing, Accounting and Finance.
1. Enterprise and Marketing – examined externally by one exam. In this unit, students will learn about how to set up a business. They will learn about the challenges faced and skills required by entrepreneurs to succeed in competitive markets.
2. Designng a business proposal – coursework. In this unit, students will learn how to develop market research tools and use these to complete market research. They will use their research findings to decide who their customers will be, create a design mix and produce product design ideas.
3. Marketing and pitching a business proposal – coursework – In this unit students will learn how to design a brand which will make their product stand out in the market, before creating a promotional campaign to get the brand noticed by customers.
Their promotional campaign will include choosing different methods of promotion which they think are most suitable for their target customers.
OCR exam board
The qualification is graded over seven grades from Level 1 Pass to Level 2 Distinction*