Member of staff responsible: Mr. D. Tudor and Mr. C. Eccles
This course provides candidates with an introduction to the mathematics studied in A Level GCE modules. It is designed for those students who have a thorough knowledge of the content of the Higher Tier of the National Curriculum for Mathematics. They should have achieved, or be expected to achieve one of the top 3 grades at GCSE.
GCSE Statistics (Level 2)
The Edexcel (9-1) GCSE Statistics course consists of two externally assessed examinations.
· The collection of data
· Processing, representing and analysing data
OCR FSMQ Additional Maths (Level 3)
The course aims to:
· Introduce students to the power and elegance of advanced mathematics
· To allow students to experience the directions in which the subject is developed post-GCSE.
· To develop confidence in using mathematical skills in other areas of study.
Pure Mathematics content- Algebra, Co-ordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, Inequalities with Linear Programming, Kinematics.
The course enables students to:
· Develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of concepts in algebra, geometry and calculus and a sound foundation of mathematical techniques
· Acquire confidence in their mathematical skills to move into further study in the subject or related areas
· Enjoy using mathematics and become confident when using mathematics
· Develop proficiency in algebra to support progression in their studies, in the workplace and for training.