Member of Staff Responsible: Mrs D. Turban
Examinations: GCSE Board – AQA
Assessment is broken down into the 4 skill areas of reading, writing, speaking and listening.
Speaking (25%): end of course examination
Writing (25%): end of course examination
Listening (25%): end of course examination
Reading (25%): end of course examination
Students can be assessed at either Foundation or Higher level. Students will study a range of topics based on three themes:
Theme 1: Identity and culture
Theme 2: Local, national, international and global areas of interest
Theme 3: Current and future study and employment
The course aims to:
• develop pupil ability to communicate confidently and coherently with native speakers in speech and writing, conveying what they want to say with increasing accuracy
• express and develop pupil thoughts and ideas spontaneously and fluently
• allow pupils to listen to and understand clearly articulated, standard speech at near normal speed
• deepen their knowledge about how language works and enrich their vocabulary to increase their independent use and understanding of extended language in a range of contexts
• develop awareness and understanding of the culture and identity of the countries and communities where Spanish is spoken
Homework will be set once per week and will consist of a range of activities:
• ICT based learning.
• Vocabulary learning.
• Workbook exercises – reading comprehension, written work. • Preparing Speaking material for examination.
• Preparing written material for examination.